His is risen!
So what? How does this impact me?
- “…he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the first born from among the dead,…” Colossians 1:18
- “One you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation…” Colossians 1:21,22
- “…if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17
Now what? What should I do?
- “Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
- “…if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “.. .go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…” Matthew 28:19,20
- “When the Son of Man comes…”, “…the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'” Matthew 25:31,34-36
“‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'” Matthew 25:40
(Note: Scripture verses from the NIV translation and obviously abbreviated. Please open your Bible and read them fully and in context)
In the freedom of forgiveness…